Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Shadows Challenge

Yes, it's me again...tired of me yet?
This particular challenge wasn't hard for me because I am new to digital scrapping, I already new about creating shadows in your lo to create depth, so I incorporate them automatically. I think the challenge was for those folks who haven't done the shadows previously...the shadows make a big difference.

To make it more of a challenge, I tried moving the shadows around to make things look more "lifted up." I use Jasc PaintShop Pro 7, and usually use shadow settings of 12 or 15 which make a shadow to the lower right...then if that doesn't feel just right I'll add another using -8 (negative 8) to make a shadow go to the upper right and give the photo or element a bit more lift. With this challenge, I used a much higher number for the paper doily...38 I think for vertical and 25 for horizontal, to get the paper to look like it was peeling up from the page...it's not exactly what I was hoping for...but it was fun to play with them a bit and stretch myself.



Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment