Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Grand Theft: Scraplift Challenge

Let me explain the name...the challenge is to look at a particular scrappers gallery, find a lo that you really like, and create your own version of that lo. This challenge was aimed at Ashley, who has some very lovely layouts, and beautiful children, too!

I chose to do one she had done using torn paper...mostly because I had some paper I wanted to use. Then I found some great photos that went perfectly with the papers I chose...



There was one other challenge I participated in, and that was to scrap a family tradition. A great challenge! I had already done the pie lo, so was really bummed to find the challenge after I uploaded the lo! I'm not sure, but I think you have to read the challenge first and then do the lo...it would probably be "cheating" to just upload a lo that fits the challenge...so I did another lo. I don't really like it...it is much too busy for my taste, but I show you it anyway:



Blessings,
*Ü*
Karen

2 comments:

  1. I like the layout.

    I must scrap like you. I don't like a lot of fuss. What did your original layout look like? or maybe I should look at some older posts Hmmm. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle,
    To see my original "traditions" lo, you have to go back to the day before Thanksgiving:
    http://button-babies.blogspot.com/2008/11/scrapbooking-pies.html
    I really liked that layout, and am rather disappointed in the birthday one...but oh well, the great thing is I can redo it eventually...it would probably be better as a two-pager.
    Thanks for your comments!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete