Monday, February 21, 2011

Journal Jumpstart



Hello Friends! Today on Chelle's Creations blog, I shared an idea for journaling! I thought it would be nice to share it here too!

When I have everyday photos that are just too cute NOT to scrap, I struggle with what to write in the journaling... "I really love your smile today", "you were happy to be outside", "wearing your favorite sweater" etc., can sound, well, rather boring.

Here's another option... why not interview your kids and put those questions and answers on a page? Or have them create a list of something, such as - that day's favorite food, color, toy, etc.

I had two really sweet photos of my kiddos doing nothing more than smiling at the camera, and decided to ask them (privately) what they loved about each other! I asked for a list of five things and scrapped three of them! There answers were so cute, and I know these are pages I will treasure... glimpses into 6 and 7 year old hearts! To make it a bit more authentic, I journaled using a font that looks as if the respective child wrote it themselves.

2010-09-01-3Things-L

2010-09-01-3Things-R

I used Chelle's Tell Me More kit and her Doodles: Border It element pack, both available in her ScrapMatters Shop!

I hope you try my idea, and if you do, please feel free to comment here and let us know, we'd love to see it and leave you some love!

No comments:

Post a Comment